Monday, July 5, 2010

the pipeline crew.

Alright so I said I would share a bit more about what 'Pipeline' is and I figured now is as good a time as any as I look at the calendar and see that we're not getting together with them until August and I feel quite sad about that!

Pipeline is a group of our young leaders who get together once a month. We eat, hang out, do mission together and discuss things that are relevant to our faith, to leadership and to building the church. This group is made up of some of our cluster leaders, Kidzone teachers, worship leaders and youth leaders. The Vicar (more on HIM later) takes time each gathering to pour into these guys; sharing his journey of leadership and opening up discussion so everyone can ask the real and honest questions about things they encounter along the path of leading others towards Jesus and into community. The group is also vitally important to the building and shaping of both "The Church" and our church. We bring stuff to them, ask for opinions and input and they are the hands and feet to our calling as a church as they live and breath Jesus Bigger (without even knowing it sometimes).

But that's just the vision and details of the group, let me share a bit with you about how I feel about these guys. THEY ARE AMAZING! When I said they live and breath Jesus Bigger, what I mean is; they are a humble crew who live like Jesus did so much so that He oozes out of them and the people in their worlds KNOW there is something different about them. I've seen them give of themselves, and their meager resources, so that Jesus' love will be spread like wildfire. I've seen them willing to drop everything to go. To go downtown Langley or downtown Mexico City and give whatever they can. They are all heart and I honestly love them so much. I love sitting with them, asking them how work was today and they share a story about praying with a non-Christian co-worker as if it's something we all do everyday. Because they DO DO IT EVERYDAY!

Last week the Babe and I were talking on our walk about how one day (in 300 years when we've saved enough) we'd like to own a house with a basement suite. When I asked him who he'd like to have rent from us, he listed off 4 guys from our Pipeline crew and it resonated so deeply with me. That's how much I like them Internet; I would like to live with them. Weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment