Wednesday, December 15, 2010

carry me.

I seem to find myself in a season where I am writing. A lot. Proposals, reviews, summaries, post-games... and the list keeps going. Whenever I'm working for a solid chunk of time on writing something I have to be listening to something to keep myself from jumping out the window to escape the background noise. I try to play things that, if I come up from what I'm working on for air, I can be reminded of Him in a lyric I might overhear. I dont want to be distracted by the music, but when I need a distraction, I want to hear Jesus.

I've got some go-to music but a few months ago a friend of mine posted a YouTube video of a new artist. I loved the video and then, on a total whim, I bought the whole album. Which is risky. And since risky isnt usually used to describe me I immediately had buyers remorse and wished there was a way to return things to iTunes. There isnt! So I started listening to it in my writing space and as it turns out - it's an AMAZING album! Audrey Assad sings truth in a beautiful way.

Fear is a current we all get caught in
And in its motion faith can be so hard to find
And we all falter 'cause we're all broken
We're all just trying to turn the shadows into light but

You get glory in the midst of this
And You're walking with me
And you say I am blessed because of this
So, I choose to believe
As I carry this cross, You'll carry me

No comments:

Post a Comment