Thursday, June 24, 2010

top-ten thursday.

A few months ago a good friend of mine and I started Top-Ten Thursday. One of us initiates sometime in the morning on Thursday with #10 and we just email back and forth the top ten things from each of our weeks. It started as a bit of a cheeky joke but has turned into a beautiful gift as I’m reminded to be thankful and (literally) count my blessings.

Shocker of all shockers, I can be a bit of a pessimist. My glass can be half-empty by Thursday when my to-do list is no-where near done and Sunday is coming quickly. I need to fight for joy every day and Top-Ten Thursday is an excellent way of putting up the fists and pushing into the blessings poured over me.

So, Internet, I’ve decided to share my Top-Ten Thursday with you …

10. Slurpee Friday! Janice made me the perfect mix and it kept me from melting on the HOT (not that I’m complaining) Friday afternoon!

9. Brining home a TRUCK load of great books that my Grandma was going to get rid of. Snagged an beautifully old collection of English lit that I cannot wait to crack this summer!

8. Lunch at the Canoe Club in Victoria on Monday. Mouth-watering goodness. Next time your in Victoria, don’t miss it!

7. Any time the sun peaked through the clouds this week!

6. Breakfast for lunch with the Small Group on Sunday afternoon. Pancakes are good for ANY meal but especially with good friends, Whipping Cream and a World Cup game.

5. Watching the Babe read bedtime stories to my niece (the Monkey) on Saturday night.

4. Monday with Bev. ‘Nuff said.

3. Getting jiggy (yes, I just used that word) on the dance floor at the wedding on Friday. Any night I get to dance with fabulous people and break out my horrible moves is an awesome night!

2. Watching Scotty-Potty and Andrea get hitched last Friday. So privileged to be a part of their day. I cried. A lot.

1. Date night with the Babe on Tuesday. Long boarding around Stanley Park, dinner at the Blarney, swim in the pool and Seinfeld = perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment